Saturday, July 28, 2012

Hogan's Nursery


We're expecting our new little boy in a couple of weeks, and I finally got around to putting all of his room together! I think the nesting phase has finally kicked in.


 I made the name sign above his bed, along with the quilt and bedskirt. I was really drawn to a black & red theme for the room, with rockets. I made the star stickers out of vinyl on my Silhouette.

A crafty friend of mine made the pictures here. They fit the room so perfectly, she knows me so well!

 This is an upward view of the mobile hanging above the changing table. The tutorial for this is at Nap Time Crafters.

 This is my diaper stash--I've got a basket for disposible and one for cloth.



Close-up of the bedding.

The same crafty friend made this great mobile. I was wanting to make one just like it (but probably wasn't going to get around to it). It's like she read my mind!

The rocket pillow was made by the same friend--LOVE IT! I also repainted a thrift store lamp and recovered the shade to match the bedding.

We were convinced at first that we were having a girl, so I bought a matching girly-printed swing and car seat. When we found out it was a boy, we weren't too disappointed though--it just meant I could try my hand at recovering them! This is a pretty simple slip-on cover made from fabric and minky.

Close-up of the slip-on.

This isn't my favorite craft project in the room, but I figured I would picture it. I painted over a thrift store frame.

 Here's the car seat that I recovered. It's probably my favorite project in the room. I just couldn't believe I was able to contour it right!

I clearly need to thread the straps through before little Hogie comes.



I'm also pretty proud of this car seat tent I made. It's from a small duvet cover from IKEA that I bought years ago and never used.




This is a door decoration that my daughter and I made together for the hospital.

 Rug: Target. Kitty: Shelter

View from the rocking chair. I put up the moon light (from IKEA) for late-night diaper changes. I need to figure out a way to secure the cord though.

Another crafty friend made a door sign for me. She made some years ago for my older kids that say "Brother" and "Sister," so we knew Hogan had to have one too! 


Thanks for looking! I'll be linking up here.

1 comment:

  1. The car seat cover is gorgeous, but PLEASE don't use it! Anything that adds padding to a car seat like that can cause a baby to be ejected from the seat in a crash. Please do some research on this before you put your baby in that seat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...