Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Superhero Nap Mat


A friend of mine asked if I could sew a Captain America nap mat for her son. I love making stuff for my friends, and I always love a challenge!

I started by using this tutorial from Prudent Baby, but I ended up changing it so much, that I could have done my own tutorial (had I taken pictures).

I made the top as a pillowcase, so that the pillow could be taken out when it's washed.

Folded up:

Or down:


The blanket is attached and made of cozy fleece:

And it all rolls up and velcro's shut! I took some creative license and put his name on the outside. Hope he likes it!

I'll be linking up here.

4 comments:

  1. Wow this is so great! Looks like you put a lot of time into it, I'm sure your friend loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! My kiddo would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh awesome! I know that if we ever have a boy, he would LOVE this (being that he'll be my husband's son)!

    Please feel free to link up your Captain America nap mat to my Make Yourself Monday Blog Hop!

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! I bet the little dude this belongs to will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...