Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's...

Super Sewist!



Okay, not quite. But I am pretty happy with myself.

A few weeks ago some friends asked me to make a Superman blanket for their son. Not only do I love making things for people I know, but I thought it would be a pretty cool challenge. I haven't worked with minky much, AND they asked for a logo with his name on it:


It turned out well! And it really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I designed the logo with my Silhouette, but then I just traced it onto paper since it was too big to cut. The front is red and blue minky. The logo is all cotton. I bound it with red satin. And the backing is a really fun cotton Superman comic print:


I hope they like it!

I'll be linking up here.

2 comments:

  1. Well done, it looks great! I'm in the process of making my son a Superman shirt and am going to applique the logo. I'm a little nervous since it's knit fabric, but hoping it will turn out well. Thanks for inspiring me along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing. I'm sure they will like it. More the Merrier Monday will be open until Wednesday at midnight. I would love for you to stop by and link up your blanket. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...