Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Teacher Appreciation {Quilted Wall-Hanging}



Teacher Appreciation week is coming up in May (AND the end of school--it has flown by!), so I figured it was the perfect time to make something handmade for my son's teacher. I've really wanted to make a quilt for her before Finn even started school, but I decided to pace myself and my patience paid off!

I've had the idea for this floating around in my head for awhile. I knew I wanted something with this sort of layout and size, but when I saw this at Moda Bake Shop, it sort of inspired me to get moving on putting this together. I didn't use their pattern at all, but it obviously has its similarities.

I especially love the back and binding. The rainbow colors worked well together. I hope she likes displaying it in her classroom.


I will be linking up to these great parties!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! love the colors. saw you on someday crafts.

    new follower!
    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very impressive! What a lucky teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz, your newest follower here...thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my daughter's Prima Ballerina Party. You are more than welcome to link back to the blog as you had asked if I mind at all, nope! Go for it....we are hosting an Egg Hunt today, the party should be posted this evening...Peace to your day!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an art teacher and would love to receive something this gorgeous and handmade!


    Would love for you to share at Calling All Crafters, today!
    http://allthingsfee.blogspot.com/2011/04/calling-all-crafters-4th-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow I love it! And like Felicia said, it would be especially perfect for an art teacher! They could hang it in the classroom! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...