Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Counting Yellow Cars




Driving with my children has become sort of an annoyance lately. Let me amend that: driving with KIKI has been sort of an annoyance lately. If she isn't yelling for a book or dropped toy, she is INSISTING that we listen to the same song OVER and OVER and OVER again.

I try to remind myself she's only two. And it will pass. (sigh)

Anyway, naturally we decided it would be a great idea to take a week-long car trip with the children this weekend. Luckily, Stacy at Not Just a Housewife (a daily read for me) had my back. She featured Tammy from She Wears Flowers' Car Game this week! She came up with a wonderful tutorial on how to make a counting yellow cars game for your kids to play in the car. I saw it, and knew I had to make it!

I let the kids pick their fabrics from my stash (guess who's is who's!):



I switched up a couple of things from her tutorial (out of frugality--I was determined to not spend any money on this). I used yellow felt (double layer) instead of clay. Also, I didn't use interfacing to keep it stiff. It's cardboard! I sewed all three sides together, then topstitched, inserted a rectangle of cardboard, then topstitched the bottom shut! I know it sounds cheap, but I was seriously trying to work with what I had. Naturally, mine do not fold up the way Tammy's do.

I hope you click on over and check out her tutorial. It's a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Liz--I am so impressed!! Your car games are adorable! You did a great job and using felt for the cars is genius! (The clay has some disadvantages...) I'm going to show this off at my Show & Share party on Thursday! Be sure to stop by and grab a featured button! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Interesting Article Your car games blog is so very good content nice one!
    For more online car games, visit car games 1000

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...