Thursday, December 9, 2010

Teacher Christmas Gift

I know I promised a tutorial on my skirt-to-bag transformation, but I told about a hundred pictures of it and it's going to take me awhile to edit them down. And between sitting at the sewing machine and sitting at the computer desk, but back is nearly killing me from being so hunched over!

Today I have a quick and easy teacher holiday gift idea. (Did you notice that I kind of love my son's teacher? She's awesome.) It's a mini-recipebook for all of the kids in the class to contribute their favorite holiday recipes to! I think it's a great way for the teacher to remember her students year after year.

First, take any mini-album. I bought this one at Hobby Lobby for about $2.50 (half-off, of course), but you can probably find something similar at Walmart, Dollar Tree, or even in your own hall closet.

Cover the front and back with Christmas scrapbook paper. Use only a thin layer of Mod Podge to apply it so it doesn't bubble so much. Also, with my cover I had to punch holes in it as well.


Use some more holiday paper to jazz it up. I don't own one of those awesome digital scrapbook cutting tools, so I just printed this off my computer in a cute font:


On the front page I added a note so she'll always remember who it came from. Now you just need recipes from each parent. Don't forget to add that it's "So-and-so's favorite recipe" on each one, so she'll always remember her special students!


I'm adding ours to a gift basket full of baking-themed gifts from all the parents. She'll be all set for her holiday cooking!

4 comments:

  1. What a great gift idea! I like that you could customize it to fit any occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea.

    Enter a giveaway for a free paper bead necklace!

    http://gigglesglitzandglam.blogspot.com/2010/12/gifts-that-give-back-heart-strings.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an excellent idea!! Thanks so much for linking up to Ladybug Blessings Handmade Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my what a wonderful idea. I know I would have loved to receive a gift like this from my students when I worked as a teacher.
    Thank you for sharing at Holly bloggy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...