Sunday, December 12, 2010

Coffee Filter Christmas Trees

Ever since I made my Coffee Filter Garland, I've been really obsessed with what these little babies can do. Last night, I made coffee filter trees, two ways.

For this one, I just folded the filter in half, then tri-folded it and hot glued it down. Hubby and I agree it would look a little better with a star on top or something:
 And here's the favorite. I also tri-folded these, but then I folded the end so that the filter stuck up a bit more before I glued it.
Also, I am excessively cheap, so I didn't even buy the styrofoam cone shapes for these ($3.99 for two small ones at Wal-mart!). Instead , I took a plastic cup topped with some folded and taped scrapbook paper (ignore the filters here, my son was playing with them).
 And I just realized that I forgot to show off my coffee filter wreath I made awhile back. I didn't buy a wreath form for this either, just some cardboard that I cut in a circle!

7 comments:

  1. Love Love Love what you did with these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL of these are gogeous! Great job!! Happy holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so amazing! I am cheap too. I would have bought a cone though. I wouldn't have thought to do what you did. I am going to feature this tomorrow! And I will probably make on myself!!!! Thanks for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so pretty!!
    I have never made anything with coffee filters but, I am dying to try.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS!!!! So awesome! They look fantastic!

    Thanks for linking up and supporting Vintage Wanna Bee.

    I'd love for you to come by and enter my giveaway!

    -Nichelle
    vintagewannabee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing---I LOVE the coffee filter wreath! That is over the top.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...