Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Lots of Fun coming!




Finn is very adamant about not wanting to wear a costume for Halloween! We have a ton of them already, in particular, I was wanting him to wear a cute full-body lion suit. But, he is having none of it! So, when we went to the Haunt the Zoo trick-or-treat trail on Monday, he was a...(drumroll please!)...lumberjack? Farmer? Canadian? I put him in overalls, flannel shirt and one of those goofy hats for warmth. I think he was the only kid there with no costume. I don't blame him though. I don't really like to dress up either. I only go as far as to put on a "Trick-or-Treat" shirt and then I call it a day.

Kinley is super easy! You just throw anything you want on her. I bought her a super warm ladybug costume. She was very content to just sit all bundled up for the whole trail!




Anyway, I am so excited that the election is less than a week away! I've recently been thinking about education more since I realized both my kids will start school during this adminstration! I think Obama will be so great for this! I know McCain has a ton of kids and I'm sure he cares about education too, but Obama's girls are school age NOW. It's obviously going to be weighing on his mind more. I just think that if you have children, McCain is too big of a gamble right now. I want change for my children and not the down-ward spiral that has been going on for the last 8 years. Just wanted to put that out there!


We are still planning on doing more Halloween activities. We have a party tomorrow and hopefully we will be doing another trick-or-treat trail this week too! Finn really loved doing the one at the zoo. We're not going to go trick-or-treating though. I think he's old enough, but his lack of a costume would be a problem (although I did buy him a "Trick-or-Treat" shirt to match mine). Also, I seriously think he would want to enter every house we went to and make friends! He is such a friendly little guy!


I forgot to mention that Tonya and I threw a baby shower for our friend Melissa last weekend. I think it went really well and she got a TON of great stuff for her little boy, to be named Phoenix. YAY Melissa!

Also, I have been meaning to post a beer bread recipe on here. Tonya (who just started her own blog on Blogspot) gave this to me and it is so simple and yummy! All you do is mix 3 c. self-rising flour, 1 c. (or less) sugar or Splenda (I've tried both and it tastes the same) and a can of beer (or any type of soda you want. Bake for about an hour at 350 degrees. It's really yummy to rub some butter on the top halfway through. I've been making a loaf every few days for the last month or so b/c it is so good!

1 comment:

  1. The kids are cute as always and I am going to have to try that bread, it just sounds too easy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...