Saturday, May 31, 2008

Laundry Day

I am totally falling in love with baby girl clothes! I've always thought boy clothes were cute too, but girl's are just so precious! Luckily, my mother-in-law, Sharyn, loves to shop AND she has great taste. She has already bought me enough clothes for the first 3 months of the baby's life! And, they are mostly from garage sales (although they look brand new), so that means they are recycled too! Sharyn has found her some really great stuff so far (and so have a lot of my other relatives)!

Finn has been teething something awful this week! Here he is chewing away:






I try to give him a little leeway since I know he's in pain, but it has made him SO cranky and naughty! He's had a few trips to timeout this week too. In this picture he isn't minding it too much though:

















He is feeling a lot better the last couple of days though. He's been spending a lot of time with his Granny this week. She's been over about 4 times to babysit. He likes hanging out with her and playing in the backyard. When we tell him that Granny is coming over, he runs to the door now and starts looking for her.
Today, Finn and I went to the Farmer's Market with Nicolette and Sawyer to pick up a few things. Then they came over for a few minutes because Nicolette was nice enough to let me borrow her maternity clothes. It's really nice when your huge and feel like a whale to have some new nice things to wear. It definitely helps you feel a little better. Anyway, Finn was in a hugging mood and him and Sawyer shared the cutest little hug--until they knocked each other over! One second they were going at each other open armed, then I guess they lost balance because they fell right down! It was so adorable! Finn is now napping (he's done it all week, woohoo!), but we are just going to spend the rest of the day inside doing laundry I think. I also made some baby wipes from some leftover fleece, so I'm excited to try those out too (the things that excite me these days!). Later tonight, Scott and I are going to see the Sex & the City movie that I've been dying for! This was my all-time favorite tv show and I really hope the movie is good!
Finnisms for the week:
-Falling down and saying "I'm okay, I'm okay" over and over.
-Falling down and crying profusely.
-Saying "OHHHHHHHHH, I shay!" ("Oh, I see"??? I haven't quite figured this one out)
-Repeating "pee pee, poo poo" over and over. We brought out his potty chair this week just for him to get used to. He likes to pull it out of the bathroom and sit on it to watch tv.
-Playing with the huge bamboo sticks in the backyard:

Finn and his Granny in the backyard

1 comment:

  1. That video was too cute! I was telling Charles this morning about the hug, it was too cute. I am really glad the clothes fit. Makes me happy to know they are being used and not just sitting in a box in my closet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...