Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hello!




My friend Nicolette started a blog like this and she did such a good job and it looked like so much fun, that (at the risk of being a copycat) I thought I'd make one too! It's kind of a neat way to stay in touch with family that I don't get to see too often. Unfortunately, my life isn't exactly riveting stuff, but if anyone is interested in how Finn and the new baby are developing, they can peek in every once and awhile.

I really wanted to start the blog today because it was such a great day! We started out by going to the Touch A Truck show at UCO. I wasn't really sure if Finn would be into it since he's so little, but Nicolette invited us and I never turn down a chance for female companionship! (Let me just take a second to say that I am so blessed to have such great friends! Ever since Scott and I got married, my friendships have taken a backseat, but now that I'm a stay-at-home mom, they are more important than ever. I have really been lucky to find some good moms that share my interests.) Anyway, Finn LOVED the trucks! He really liked getting behind the wheel and pushing the buttons on all of them. And they had a ton of different trucks there! Fire engines, police cars, motorcycles, cranes, even a helicopter! It was definitely a fun morning.

The only downside to our morning is that it completely wore me out (not Finn however, he spent nearly an hour playing in his crib before finally taking a nap). We ran by the Farmer's Market to pick up some veggies before going home. While Finn delayed napping, I read a little. I've been really lucky to actually have time to read lately. I picked up "The Historian" in the bargain bin and have really been enjoying it for about 30 mins a day.

I was still exhausted after Finn's nap, so we played outside. We bought Finn a new swing set yesterday and I was really wanting to see it in action! It was truly a great day for being outside. We've had gale force winds lately, but there was barely even a breeze today and in the shade, it was extremely comfortable. I got some great pics of Finn playing and eating a popsicle, even saying his ABC's (he is obsessed with the alphabet). He surprised me by counting to 10 all by himself too (I'll just say it--genius!)

Like I said, not really riveting stuff, and this post is probably longer than most will be just because I actually have some time to write right now. But, I hope you enjoyed and please check out my pics of Finn playing!


1 comment:

  1. O my God that was too precious! He is awesome! love the site :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...